Einreisebestimmungen Update 16. Dezember 2021
1. Pre-departure RT-PCR test
- Children under 6 travelling with parents are exempted from having to present a pre-departure negative RT-PCR test result (airlines may, however, implement a different internal policy)
- Those infected and have recovered no less than 14 days but no longer than 3 months may present a certificate of recovery in case the RT-PCR test result is positive.
2. Vaccination Certificate
- Children from age 12 but not older than 18 do not need to present a certificate of vaccination if they are travelling with their parents. If they are travelling alone, they need a certificate of vaccination showing 1 dose of an accepted vaccine.
- Those infected and have recovered may present a certificate of recovery together with a certificate of vaccination showing 1 dose of an accepted vaccine. The vaccine may be administered at any time, either before or after infection (it is no longer required that the vaccine must be administered within 3 months of infection).
3. Registration for Thailand Pass QR Code
- Children under 18 travelling with parents should register for Thailand Pass QR Code together with their parents/guardians and not separately.
4. Sandbox programme requirement
- Vaccinated travellers from countries outside of green list that are not eligible for the "Test and Go" no-quarantine scheme now only need to present fully paid 1-day reservation at SHA+ hotel in sandbox area (instead of 7 days). They are, however, still required to stay in the area for at least 7 days before leaving for other parts of Thailand.
The Embassy's website has been updated accordingly:
- for non-Thais: www.thaiembassy.at/en/coe
- for Thais: www.thaiembassy.at/th/repat