Einreisebestimmungen Update 01. März 2022
New entry regulations, starting from 1 March 2022, as follows:
1. Removal of Day 5 requirement (Test & Go)
For the Test & Go (no quarantine) scheme, the Government plans to remove the "Day 5" hotel reservation requirement together with the 2nd PCR test.
Instead, Test & Go travellers only need 1 night of hotel reservation (check-in on day of arrival), inclusive of
- airport pick-up
- 1 RT-PCR test
- 1 antigen (ATK) self test kit, to be taken on Day 5 by the travellers; result must be reported via Mor Chana mobile application
IMPORTANT NOTICE: travellers wishing to enter the "new" Test & Go scheme can register via Thailand Pass from 1 March 2022 onwards, and the earliest date of arrival is 7 March 2022 (because the approval process will take up to a week).
2. Lower threshold for health insurance
Health insurance min. requirement will also be reduced from 50,000 to 20,000 USD.
3. Additional vaccines accepted
The Ministry of Health has approved additional vaccines, namely
- Covaxin (2 doses, 4 weeks apart)
- Medigen - accepted for Sandbox scheme only (2 doses, 4 weeks)
- Sputnik Light - accepted for Sandbox scheme only (1 dose)