Einreisebestimmungen Update 01. Februar 2022
1. Thailand Pass system will allow travellers to choose the "Test & Go" scheme from 1 February 2022 onwards.
2. Those wishing to enter the Test & Go scheme are advised to plan their departure from 7th February 2022 onwards, because Thailand Pass registration will take up to 1 week for approval.
3. Important Adjustments- The new Test & Go scheme is NOT the same as before.- Travellers now need to make fully-paid reservations at SHA Extra+/AQ hotel for Day 1 and Day 5, inclusive of airport pickup and RT-PCR tests (unless they plan to stay in Thailand for less than 5 days, in which case they need to present plane ticket reservation showing clear departure details). - They have to stay at the hotel while waiting for RT-PCR results taken on Day 1 and Day 5. They can stay at two different hotels, located at two different locations.- Please note also that the approval process is also different. Participating hotels will have to access Thailand Pass' back office to examine hotel reservations themselves, so the approval process could take a bit longer than before.
4. Bangkok Airways plans to introduce sealed route flights from Bangkok to Phuket, which could make transfering from Bangkok to Phuket possible for European travellers arriving in Bangkok. The sealed route Bangkok-Phuket flights must be booked together with the Europe-Bangkok flight in a single booking, issued by the first airlines to ensure that luggage is checked through. Travellers are advised to visit Bangkok Airways' website for more information.
5. The Sandbox programme is still available for fully vaccinated travellers who do not want to choose the Test & Go scheme. New sandbox destinations have also been added (Pattaya, Koh Chang, etc.)
That said, with the re-introduction of the Test & Go scheme, we do not anticipate many travellers choosing the Sandbox programme, which is more 'strict' in terms of travel restrictions, hotel requirements, etc.
6. Those with existing Thailand Pass QR Codes can enter Thailand under their chosen schemes. If they want to change the scheme, however, they must re-register for a new QR Code. QR Code issued for one scheme cannot be used to enter Thailand under a different scheme.